The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has tentatively set the Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law-GAT) for 20 February 2022 for law graduates who wish to be registered with the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) as attorneys.
By the 7th of February, LLB graduates and those with comparable degrees from a university recognised by HEC or PBC can register online at http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
Applicants will be able to receive roll number slips from the HEC website a week before the test date and will be needed to present them along with their original CNIC before entering the exam location, according to HEC.
The test date, time, and location will be communicated to registered applicants through email and SMS. It has recommended candidates to fill out the online application form with a valid email/mobile number.
Multiple Choice Questions will be used in the test, which will be held in various places across the country (MCQs). Successful candidates will be allowed to apply for lawyer registration with the Professional Bar Council (PBC).
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in law from a university accredited by the HEC and PBC.
The evaluation will take place in the following cities:
When filling out the online application form, applicants can choose their preferred test centre. The test will only be held at any of the aforementioned locations if at least 100 applicants choose that location.
How to Apply for Law-GAT 2022
- Fill out all required information using the “My Profile” section
- Then, go to the “Law-GAT Test” section on the menu panel and complete the process
- Upload relevant documents, and click SUBMIT button.
HEC has underlined that only ‘SUBMITTED’ applications will be considered, while applications in ‘SAVE’ mode or incomplete will not be entertained.
- The Law Graduate Assessment Test requires a 50% score to pass (Law-GAT).
- Other criteria, if any, will have to be met by applicants in accordance with the PBC Rules and Regulations.
- The Law-GAT test will be given to applicants a maximum of three times. The test will be conducted three times a year by HEC.